Golds Gym Exercise Equipment
Can It Be Used for the P90X Workout
There are many choices when looking for workout equipment. One of the better ones is Golds Gym exercise equipment.
In fact, they sell many different types of home gyms. Lets's now take a look at some of their exercise tubing.
Are the Golds Gym resistance exercise bands any good for the P90X strength training workout program?
In this article, you will uncover the facts about using exercise tubes for your power 90 extreme workout.
Here's how this all started. Recently, a client of mine purchased the P90X bodybuilding workout program and was asking me "what is better for P90X workouts, free weights, dumbbells or strength bands?"
I already owned a set of Bodylastics Terrell Owens super strong man edition and felt pretty much that they were the best on the market.
Having said that, in order to give an unbiased review, I went down to the local Wal-Mart and picked up a set of the "Golds Gym Long Series Resistance Tube Kit with DVD."
At the same time, I decided to do some research into the exercise tubing market. What I found was that there are numerous companies that sell these products however, most if not all, are manufactured in China and are typically made of latex rubber. So, if you are allergic to latex you will have to seek out a non-latex product.
By the way, if you are not familiar with the Golds Gym exercise equipment brand-name. They are the same company that has health clubs and fitness centers around the world. The gym was started in Venice California in 1965.
Today there are over 620 gyms Golds Gyms in over 26 countries around the world.
It was originally designated as the "Mecca Of the Bodybuilding World." Hollywood superstars and celebrities such as, Sylvester Stallone, Arnold Schwarzenegger, Hilary Swank, The Rock, as well as sports celebrities. Including, Michael Jordan, Mario Lemieux, and many others.
Well that's enough for the history lesson. I guess you get the point that they are a quality and knowledgeable health and fitness provider.
Let's get back to the Golds Gym exercise equipment resistance tubes.
The set that I purchased sells for approximately $20. It comes with two handles that have a plastic clip at the end, three tubes, and a storage bag.
Here is my Golds Gym exercise equipment strength bands review:
- The Handles
They are of decent quality. It is made from a foam grip wrapped around a plastic tube. It has a nice comfortable feel to it while working out. The clip on the handle is made of plastic as mentioned earlier, however I don't know how long it will hold out, with a heavy-duty workout like P90X.
- The Resistance Tubes
As mentioned earlier, the kit comes with three tubes. A red tube that is supposed to be of medium challenge. The blue tubing is slightly thicker and is supposed to be the harder level. And finally there is the black band which has been designated as the "Hardest Resistance."
In essence these tubes constitute, in my opinion, a "Beginner's Basic Resistance Level!"
- The one problem I found while exercising is that the plastic grip around the tubing is not very well secured. This is the part that clips to the handle. When I was performing a bicep curl the entire plastic clip attached to the handle slipped off the tubing. Fortunately, neither I nor my cat was injured. Yes my cat is my training partner.
I can see this being a major problem with some of the more difficult exercises. They need to address this issue and make it safer to workout with these bands.
- Storage Bag
Not much to say here, a bag is a back. It comes in handy if you're traveling.
Golds Gym Exercise Equipment - Pros:
Believe it or not there are some positives to this resistance exercise tubing set.
- For one thing, they are very low in cost however, just like everything else in life you get what you pay for. If you're planning (sees and you should be) on making training or exercising part of your lifestyle that I would recommend that you invest in a better quality set of exercise tubes.
- The other positive, is that the handles are well-made and do not cut into your hand when working out.
- You do get an exercise DVD however the workout is more suited towards women. Essentially, it's a circuit training workout.
Golds Gym Exercise Equipment - Cons:
- As mentioned earlier, the plastic clip on the tubing leaves much to be desired for. What I ended up doing was taking some duct tape to reinforce the clip to the tube. I just did not want to get whacked in the face while exercising.
- The challenge level of the bands is not sufficient for most men, even if you have just started working out. For many women, it will be okay in the beginning. However, you will quickly outgrow the set and since you cannot add more than three bands to the handle -- the set is very limited!
- The CD and the nonexistent training program means you will have to figure out how to properly perform the exercises. If you have already invested in the P90X workout program there shouldn't be a problem. On the other hand, for those that haven't you'll have to begin searching online to see exactly how to perform the workouts and then figure out do the exercises.
- Although, I must admit I looked everywhere -- I did not uncover any type of warranty on this product other than what the retailer, Wal-Mart, offers.
Whatever equipment you decide to use for your P90X workout Golds Gym exercise equipment strength bands, P90X resistance bands, Bowflex select tech dumbbells, or anything else -- don't let the possibility of not having a huge budget to carry.
The most important thing is to get started -- even if it's just by doing some body weight exercises such as push-ups and situps everyday.
Make exercise part of your lifestyle not something that you do to get in shape for summer. The rewards of including regular exercise into your life are too numerous to mention in this article.
To learn more about some of the best resistance bands on the market today please >>> Click Here
Return to Bodylastics From Golds Gym Exercise Equipment